40+ Incredible Youtube Statistics in 2021
Guest Blog Post Written By: Carol Padgett
Youtube has changed the way of using the internet completely. Previously, most consumed information and content in text/image form, but after the invention of Youtube, people are now addicted to video as their favorite form of content. The whopping 2 billion monthly active users on Youtube proves it.
It is well known that wherever there is a gathering of people, it becomes a fishing zone for Marketers.The same thing has happened on Youtube as well, where many brands and marketers are promoting their products and services to a vast number of audiences. If you are planning to be a video creator or want to market your products on Youtube, then you must have a keen look at these amazing Youtube stats.
How to Make a Youtube Video?
People have a misconception that they will need a thousand dollar studio setup to make a youtube video. But in reality, anyone with a mobile/pc and a decent Internet connection can make good quality videos for Youtube.
There are so many examples of people who started making videos with just their mobile phones and now they have millions of subscribers. And with the many great editing applications for mobile devices such as kinemaster, your video can have a professional look.
The mobile camera of today’s generation can shoot quality videos so you won’t even need an expensive camera. Many people prefer to voice-over their videos and it can be done by a normal earphone mic as well. People who don’t like to show their face mainly use this voice-over method and they too are quite successful on this platform.
So, overall we have learned that for making youtube videos, all you need is will and consistency. In the beginning, you can easily make good quality videos on any topic with the gadgets you already possess. And later when you will have earned a decent amount then you can start investing in more professional tools and take help of Youtube Video Creator.
40+ Incredible Youtube Statistics in 2021
Here are a few statistics about Youtube that you might not be aware of. For ease of understanding here is an infographic representation of the same information.
- Youtube has over 2 billion monthly active subscribers.
- Youtube has over 30 million active users daily on its platform.
- 1 Billion hours of Content is consumed by users daily on Youtube.
- Youtube.com domain name was registered on valentine’s day in the year 2005.
- The most subscribed youtube channel is T-Series with over 171M subscribers.
- Youtube is also counted as Social Media and it is the 2nd largest social media.
- The average user on Youtube at least spends 12 minutes on this platform.
- Almost all the most-watched videos on youtube are Music videos.
- The smartphone user base is about 70% on this platform.
- The U.S, India, and Japan are its top three countries with the most users.
- The first video ever uploaded on Youtube was “Me at the Zoo” by its founder.
- Youtube started paying its creators in August 2007.
- Content worth 400 hours is uploaded on Youtube every minute.
- Lego is the most subscribed channel of any Brand on youtube.
- Pewdiepie holds the record of most subscribed Individual channels with over 109M subs.
- 90%+ of all Americans in the age bracket 18-49 use Youtube.
- Youtube is visited by 51% of its users on a daily basis.
- It covers 95% of the Internet population as it is available in 80+ languages.
- Youtube users are 62% male and 38% females.
- 80% of children under the age of 11 in the U.S watch Youtube.
- Youtube was purchased by Google in 2006 for $1.65 B.
- Channels earning 6 figure income are growing by 40% after each passing year.
- Beauty niche got 50% more views in 2020 than compared to last year.
- Youtube generated over 20% of the total revenue for Google.
- Youtube on Average pays around $0.15 per 1000 views to its creators.
- It is the second most visited site after Google.
- 1 billion hours of video are watched on youtube daily.
- An average user spends 12 minutes on this platform.
- On average, every returning user consumes at least 6.5 pages in every session.
- Mobile users spend 40 minutes per session on average.
- The most-watched video on Youtube is Despacito which has over 7.1B views,
- The most disliked video on Youtube is Youtube Rewind 2018 with 18M dislikes.
- The most subscribed Asian on Youtube is CarryMinati with 28.8M subs.
- The most liked video on Youtube is also Despacito with over 42M likes.
- The first-ever video uploaded on Youtube has got 151M views till now.
- The most-watched Movie trailer is Avengers: Infinity War trailer with over 234M views.
- The most-watched Religious video on Youtube is Hanuman Chalisa with over 1.5B views.
- The most searched word on youtube’s search engine is Despacito.
- English is the most used language on Youtube followed by Spanish and Hindi.
- The first-ever channel to reach 100M subscribers was Pewdiepie.
Youtube has still not reached the saturation point for brands. So, now is your perfect time for promoting your stuff on youtube.